Grant Projects: Activities
International Symposium “Renewable Energy Use in Local Community – For Our Future” (International Grant Program)
update：October 15, 2015
On 4th October 2015, Toyota Foundation, together with The Akiyama Life Science Foundation, Renewable Energy Organization of Hokkaido, and Hokkaido University, organized a symposium to review the renewable energy use in local communities, at Hokkaido University, Japan.
The purpose of this symposium was first to review and disseminate the results of the 2014 International Grant Program on the specific theme of “renewable energy use for community”. Second was to exchange knowledge and build a peer networks among Asian practitioners and researchers in this field.
Presentation materials are downloadable from links below.
1) “Renewable Energy in SE Asia” Keiichi Ishihara, Kyoto University <PDF>(2922KB)
2) “Experience of Renewable Energy and Regional Activation from Hokkaido” Fumikazu Yoshida, Hokkaido University <PDF>(1618KB)
[Field Trip and Workshop Report]
“Renewable Energy for community” Soo Cheol LEE, Meijo University (Japanese) <PDF>(1819KB)
1) “Community RE project in Thailand” Chatchawan Chaichana, Chiang Mai University<PDF>(1587KB)
2) “Microhidro Power for Rural Electrification in Indonesia” Faisal Rahadian, Asosiasi Hidro Bandung<PDF>(4392KB)
3) “Forest Biomass Energy Utilization in Shimokawa Town” Yuji Takahashi, Shimokawa Town<PDF>(1751KB)
4) “Community Wind Power in Hokkaido” Toru Suzuki, Hokkaido Green Fund<PDF>(1168KB)